Why Do People Pay To Harm Themselves?

Why Do People Pay To Harm Themselves?
This is a question I often ask myself. Why do people harm themselves intentionally? I don’t mean physically someone harming themselves. Although it can be considered that after time. I mean more towards people who pay to eat fast food regularly, when it’s very bad for you. It offers no nutritional value, so after you eat all those calories you will need it again, it will simply not suffice anyone’s appetite, because of the lack of nutrients inside these types food. It’s basically useless to your body if you think about it. So why would someone pay top dollar for something that is not only useless and costly, but offers no nutritional value also? I know people tend to eat fast food as a convenience, but I don’t think we should convenience ourselves at the expense of putting our own health at risk. I don’t think that would be a wise course of action, in my humble opinion.

Another one for me is smoking. I don’t understand people who pay high prices to buy cigarettes which do kill and have very harmful side effects. I know they’re addictive and people have a hard time quitting, but people really must quit smoking. It has no benefits or positives. It’s all negative. Not to mention the worst part which is health. Never mind that it’s bad for the pocket book as well.
I know people may say I’m being judgemental, but I’m not really. Like I keep saying, I’m a realistic, and the reality is these consequences have actions behind them and they’re not pretty, and they’re also of the pricey variety. I use to smoke when I was younger for about 2 years and I quit cold turkey when I knew it was having a negative effect on my endurance and health. Plus, I didn’t like the feeling of going up the stairs and feeling out of breathe. I knew there and then, it was time for me to quit and so I did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.