Watching old movies

I must admit I am an old movie buff and TCM is my go to channel for old movies. Whether is is a western movie, a war movie or a love story, I am hooked. I am fascinated with how things were in the 40s, 50's and even 60's. I love the clothing the women wore and I think that it is no wonder fashion designers today often try to incorporate these old time designs in current day fashions. I find the clothing sexy, and classy with interesting silhouettes. The men were also so well dressed and dapper and when they fell in love , boy did they ever. In those days a woman or man fell in love instantly, and falling out of love is not always easy.

I also see how women were treated or expected to behave in those days What the man said was usually law and women would sacrifice their position as a successful lawyer if the man didn't thinks he was getting enough attention from her. All in all, there is not much different from relationships today - we just are more politically correct with what we put in the movies today. Old movies take you to lands and lives that have long since passed and even though much has changed, a lot has remained the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.