Expressing Offering Service or Help


Materi Bimbel hari ini adalah Expressiing Offering Service/Help (ungkapan menawarkan jasa/bantuan), yuk simak materinya dan selamat belajar!

The expression of "Would you like ...?" is normally used for offering something to someone.
Pay attention to the following dialogue;

Tuti             : Would you like a cup of tea, Mrs. Shelly?
Mrs. Shelly : Yes, please. Thank you. Hmm...this tea tastes good and smells fragrant too.
Tuti             : Thank you. I'm glad you like it. 

A. Offering to older people:
-  Would you like a cup of coffee, Mr. Green?
-  Should I get you a bottle of water?
-  Could I offer you a glass of lemonade, Mrs. Lina?
-  Would you care for some salad?

B. Offering to friends:
-  Want some?
-  Have some?
-  Chocolate?
-  Glass of lemonade?
-  Grab some for yourself.

C. Less formal expressions:
-  Would you like to have a pancake?
-  Why don't you have some lemonade?
-  What can I get for you?
-  What will you have?

D. Declining an offer:
-  No, thanks.
-  No, I really won't, thank you.
-  Not for me thanks.
-  No, thanks. I'm not hungry.

E. Accepting an offer:
-  Thank you.
-  Yes, please.
-  I'd like it very much.
-  Thank you, I would.
-  That would be very nice.

F. Work in groups of three. Play these roles;
1.  Student A, Student B and Student C are visiting you at home. Offer them something to eat and drink. If anyone declines an offer, try offering him/her something else.
2.  Student A is visiting Student C at home. Student C has gone out for a while. You are waiting for him in his house. His grandmother is offering you a cup of tea and some cookies. Accept the tea but decline the cookies politely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.